-
January 24th, 2004, 08:24 PM
#1
Inactive Member
I have all in wonder radeon 9700 pro. It has svideo, and 3 plug inputs. My camcorder has those, and Firewire port. What should I use?
I don't have Firewire on my comp, but I was going to get Audigy 5.1 with firewire anyways.
-
January 24th, 2004, 11:44 PM
#2
Inactive Member
Hmmm...
First off, when possible, use firewire! It's worth the $70 or so for a card because it keeps your signals 100% digital. Basically, whenever you shoot and capture with Mini DV/ Firewire you will not lose any quality if captured uncompressed because, of course, it's digital!
Now, as for an analog input use the S-Video connection. You won't lose as much quality in comparison to composite.
-
January 25th, 2004, 03:20 AM
#3
Inactive Member
Does Firewire capture in real time..... or faster/slower?
-
January 25th, 2004, 03:40 AM
#4
Inactive Member
Realtime when capturing in most editors.
-
January 25th, 2004, 10:09 AM
#5
Inactive Member
Use firewire. Full Stop.
Premiere DOES capture analogue footage... but is sometimes very picky about which cards its works with... and settings can be a pain too... just play about with it. If you CAN select your audio card (or Composite option) and are able to go to the advanced settings then it recognises your card and you are harlf way there. If not (and you have reinstalled your driver) then sorry folks, it will not work.
-
January 25th, 2004, 10:40 AM
#6
Senior Hostboard Member
Hey there.
The fire wire input is all you need. If you must capture footage from an analog source just plug said source into your DV camera's analog outputs (if your camera is relitivly new they are also IMPORTS) Then plug the camera into the PC's fire wire port and press play on the ANALOG source and record on the PC. Your DV camera will digitize your analogue footage on the fly while your PC captures it.
You don't even need the Analogue inputs on your PC.
Despin out.
-
January 25th, 2004, 04:05 PM
#7
Inactive Member
Ahhhh I see. Premiere only captures using Firewire? I can't get it to do so using analogue.
-
January 26th, 2004, 12:22 PM
#8
Inactive Member
Well, firstly, Premiere DOES capture AND output using analogue cards. I was running a system using a Matrox Rainbow Runner card, and this worked fine, although I had to manually configure the settings.
Secondly, DV / Firewire is a LOT better to use, (IMHO) because it's:
EASIER (Operate the camcorder via PC),
CLEANER (it stays digital) and install is a
LOT FASTER TO SETUP(I had firewire card installed, and working with premiere in about 10 minutes, without changing any settings , premiere recognised it straight away!).
So, I'd recommend using firewire where possible.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks